Black Ministers Make No-Questions-Asked Guns for Toys Exchange
*The Los Angeles Times reports that for the fourth straight Christmas, African American ministers in San Diego are sponsoring a no-questions-asked gun exchange in which weapons can be turned in for gift cards.
About 540 firearms were “taken off the streets” through the exchange program in the last three years, according to San Diego’s United African American Ministerial Action Committee.
Last year, anyone turning in a handgun or rifle received a $100 gift card, and anyone turning in an assault rifle received a $200 gift card. Weapons must be unloaded when exchanged.
This year’s exchange is set for Dec. 19 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the ministerial committee headquarters, 4981 Market St., San Diego.
The program is co-sponsored by Councilman Tony Young, a variety of law enforcement agencies and the foundation of football star Junior Seau.
Like what you see? Share it!
Did you find this interesting? You can easily share it with friends & colleagues thanks to a wide variety of social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Digg, LinkIn, Delicious, StumbleUpon, or Tumblr... just to name a few. You can also send this via e-mail or bookmark it!
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Iranian Filmmaker Alleges Secret Society is Behind Arab Spring Revolutions...Sinister Plan May Lead to World War III
- IRS Attacks on Tea Party Patriots Predicted in Political Thriller 'Patriots of Treason'
- TV BUZZ: Watch Extended Clips of The Pace Sisters on 'Iyanla: Fix My Life'
- LisaRaye McCoy and Bishop Noel Jones Now an Item
- From Obsession To Submission: A Barren Woman’s Journey To Motherhood
- She Died Instantly: Why You Should Live Well
- FLASHBACK: Kirk Franklin Talks Being Raised on Hip Hop; Says ‘My Street Name was KID FRESH’
- IRS Subjects Dr. James Dobson and Family Talk Action to Viewpoint Discrimination
- THE SIXTH SENSE
- No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act Introduced in House, Senate
- THE SIXTH SENSE
- IRS Harassed Pro-Life Leaders from Pharmacists For Life International
- Kirk Franklin Talks Being Raised on Hip Hop: ‘My Street Name was KID FRESH’
- UGLY FACE OF ABORTION: Convicted Baby Killer Kermit Gosnell Ran ‘House of Horrors’
- RUMOR CONTROL: Kirk Franklin of Saginaw Commits Suicide, Not Kirk Franklin of Gospel
- Bishop J. Drew Sheard To Kierra’s Manager: ‘Your Attitude Messes Me Up’
- Congress Receives Irrefutable Evidence of IRS Harassment of Pro-Life Organizations
- DAILY INSPIRATION: What Has You Worried? Release It To the Lord
- TRUE FREEDOM: A Series on Christian Liberty
- Secretary Kerry to Release Report on International Religious Freedom