EUR Perspective: Pat Robertson: Open Mouth, Insert Foot (Again)
*It sure seems like we were due for another Pat Robertson gaffe, weren’t we? Death, taxes, Lindsay Lohan getting arrested, Pat Robertson saying something stupid … things that are absolutely, iron-clad, set in stone. It’s no wonder why this latest controversy hasn’t had the same impact –we’re just not shocked anymore.
He is a fascinating character, in all of his train-wreck glory. Robertson built up the Christian Broadcasting Network (take a look for it, we’re sure it’s on your cable system) into a behemoth. He made a little splash in the 1988 Republican presidential primaries before falling to the first President Bush. He’s become the smiling, senile-old-grandfather of the Christian right for three decades now.
But oh, boy, there are the controversies. There are so many of them, there’s an entire Wikipedia page dedicated to them. Go ahead, pick through them and choose your favorites. Mine’s a dark horse. Sure, there’s the “assassinate Hugo Chavez” controversy or the “Haiti deserved that earthquake” thing or the illicit financial ties to an African dictator – but the whole “I’ve leg-pressed 2,000 lbs. on my energy drink” one is amazing in its incredulity.
Robertson’s become a walking, blabbering joke by now, as evidenced by this “mac and cheese” comment. So, at this point, it’s probably a good idea to treat Robertson like any crazy, old, horrible grandfather. Smile, nod, and pay no attention. Don’t anger him, though. Seems like he has really extreme old-man strength.
Like what you see? Share it!
Did you find this interesting? You can easily share it with friends & colleagues thanks to a wide variety of social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Digg, LinkIn, Delicious, StumbleUpon, or Tumblr... just to name a few. You can also send this via e-mail or bookmark it!
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Evangelical Leader Notes Wide Support for International Religious Freedom Ambassador as State Department Releases IRF Report Today
- U.S. Policy and Programs in Support of International Religious Freedom
- Christianity Today's Church Law Tax Publications Win Top Awards from the Evangelical Press Association
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Conform to HIS Image
- UPDATED BI-WEEKLY COLUMNS! Read Enjoy
- Is That Appropriate For A Christian Filmmaker? Tyler Perry’s Peeples Glorifies Homosexuality
- From Prison to Praise
- Disney Employee Pastor (Cedric Eugene Cuthbert) Downloaded Child Porn at Work
- Trunews' Rick Wiles Calls on Alex Jones to Denounce Armed Open Carry March on Washington
- TV Spots Urge Boy Scout Leaders and Boehner to 'ManUp' to Bullying Obama
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Unpredictable
- The Sheard Family Debate: Is ‘Hell’ Really A Cuss Word?
- Conservative Leaders Demand Compensation for IRS Discrimination Against Tea Party
- Leslie Pace Reveals Late Brother's Controlling Ways: He Manipulated Me Through ‘The Lord Said’