Preacher Sentenced for Molesting a 7-year-old Girl
*The San Francisco Chronicle reports that a Central California pastor who admitted to molesting a 7-year-old girl from his church is headed to prison for 15 years to life.
Roger Rickman pleaded guilty to one count of child sexual abuse as part of a deal with prosecutors, who agreed to drop five other counts.
San Joaquin County prosecutor Elton Grau told The Record of Stockton that the victim’s family supported the deal to avoid the emotional stress of a trial.
Prosecutors say the 66-year-old Rickman, who led the Fresh Anointing Faith International Christian Church in Tracy, was a close friend of the victim’s family and often would drive the child home from school. According to police, the girl said Rickman made her perform sexual acts while in the car.
Rickman’s attorney read a letter of apology at his sentencing Monday.
Like what you see? Share it!
Did you find this interesting? You can easily share it with friends & colleagues thanks to a wide variety of social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Digg, LinkIn, Delicious, StumbleUpon, or Tumblr... just to name a few. You can also send this via e-mail or bookmark it!
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Listen to Inspirational Singer Kristine’s Soaring ‘God Sent Me An Angel In You’
- Kirk Franklin Lands New BET Hosting Gig
- TRUE FREEDOM, Part 5: The Liberty Well
- Blind Legal Activist Chen Guangcheng Confirms Chinese Government Has Pressured NYU to Boot Him Out
- Alveda King: Let Babies and Mothers Off Abortion Bus
- Author Kimberla Lawson Roby Greets Fans Across the Globe
- Constitutional Amendment Introduced to Protect Children, Parents