Why Meagan Good and Her Future Hubby Decided Not to Have Sex
The actress shocked fans when she told people she was engaged. But she really stopped hearts when she said she is celibate.
Meagan and her future husband, Sony Pictures executive and minister Devon Franklin, haven’t seen the bedroom yet because they’re waiting for marriage.
The couple has been public about their decision, hoping to maybe inspire others to do the same.
In an recent interview at T.D. Jakes’ 35 Anniversary Gala in Dallas, Franklin described to Siste2Sister their purpose.
“We want our marriage to be one of truth, one of love, and hopefully model God’s love. In reality we’re not perfect. But we are striving to live a life of Christ. We are striving to be an example of what his life looks like on this earth, and hopefully through our union people will be inspired, people will see themselves in us.
“The relationship is completely different,” said Meagan. “When you know somebody and you know their heart, it’s not even a question about the physical part of it that comes into play completely later on. You really just get a chance to understand what you’re getting. You don’t just want to be with this person on Friday night, but Saturday afternoon too. That’s just icing on the cake.”
Like what you see? Share it!
Did you find this interesting? You can easily share it with friends & colleagues thanks to a wide variety of social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Digg, LinkIn, Delicious, StumbleUpon, or Tumblr... just to name a few. You can also send this via e-mail or bookmark it!
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Iranian Filmmaker Alleges Secret Society is Behind Arab Spring Revolutions...Sinister Plan May Lead to World War III
- Secretary Kerry to Release Report on International Religious Freedom
- UGLY FACE OF ABORTION: Convicted Baby Killer Kermit Gosnell Ran ‘House of Horrors’
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Stretching Leads to Enlargement
- Congress Receives Irrefutable Evidence of IRS Harassment of Pro-Life Organizations
- Evangelical Leader Notes Wide Support for International Religious Freedom Ambassador as State Department Releases IRF Report Today
- U.S. Policy and Programs in Support of International Religious Freedom
- UPDATED BI-WEEKLY COLUMNS! Read Enjoy
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Conform to HIS Image
- Christianity Today's Church Law Tax Publications Win Top Awards from the Evangelical Press Association
- From Prison to Praise