Black Pastors Not Feeling Obama’s Gay Marriage Position
Once he made the leap, a huge population of supporters rejected his ideas.
Black clergymen publicly shared their disdain for the president’s new stance.
The Rev. Al Sharpton is the only high-profile Black religious leader to come out and support Obama’s announcement. However, a seeming majority of black pastors who run some of America’s largest churches are not with the president on this decision.
Here are some reactions from black pastors and other religious leaders.
Bishop Harry Jackson, senior pastor of Hope Christian Church in MD, said “I think the president has been in this place for awhile and that he chose this time because he thought that it might shift the balance of power. The timing made me suspect the motives were political, coming out of the North Carolina victory for the traditional marriage groups and maybe have people kind of rally behind this pro same-sex marriage cause.”
Albert Mohler said, “Pres. Obama’s evolution ends. He publicly supports same-sex marriage (again). Even his friends knew his “evolving” position was dishonest. Why did Pres. Obama make his same-sex marriage statement now? Wash. Post. reports that 1 in 6 of his most generous fundraisers is openly gay.”
Read more comments at NewsOne.
Like what you see? Share it!
Did you find this interesting? You can easily share it with friends & colleagues thanks to a wide variety of social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Digg, LinkIn, Delicious, StumbleUpon, or Tumblr... just to name a few. You can also send this via e-mail or bookmark it!
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Evangelical Leader Notes Wide Support for International Religious Freedom Ambassador as State Department Releases IRF Report Today
- U.S. Policy and Programs in Support of International Religious Freedom
- Christianity Today's Church Law Tax Publications Win Top Awards from the Evangelical Press Association
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Conform to HIS Image
- UPDATED BI-WEEKLY COLUMNS! Read Enjoy
- From Prison to Praise
- Disney Employee Pastor (Cedric Eugene Cuthbert) Downloaded Child Porn at Work
- Is That Appropriate For A Christian Filmmaker? Tyler Perry’s Peeples Glorifies Homosexuality
- Trunews' Rick Wiles Calls on Alex Jones to Denounce Armed Open Carry March on Washington
- TV Spots Urge Boy Scout Leaders and Boehner to 'ManUp' to Bullying Obama
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Unpredictable
- The Sheard Family Debate: Is ‘Hell’ Really A Cuss Word?
- Conservative Leaders Demand Compensation for IRS Discrimination Against Tea Party
- Leslie Pace Reveals Late Brother's Controlling Ways: He Manipulated Me Through ‘The Lord Said’