Word of the Day: The Place of Perfect Peace
By Bishop Keith Butler - Submitted by Guy Brody
*Jesus showed that He was in the place of perfect peace when He was crossing the water in the middle of a storm. The sailors thought they were going to die, and when they went to the back of the boat, they found Jesus lying asleep.
They woke Him up, and He said, “Peace be still.”The storm abated and the waters stilled. Why? There was no stress and no lack of faith in his life. He was in perfect peace.
In order to experience this perfect peace, your mind needs to be fixed on God. You keep your mind stayed on God by meditating on the Word. Go to the Word and find out what Scripture says about what you’re facing. Then meditate on that. Think about how it applies to your situation. Speak it. Self-medicate by laughing at your situation. By doing so, you’ll make yourself healthy for the long run. Meditating on the Word of God gives you strength, joy, and peace.
Prayer for Today: Father, your Word promises me peace, and in the name of your son Jesus, I cast all my care and anxiety on you and rest in your gift. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Scripture Of The Day: “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” – Isaiah 26:3 (KJV)
Like what you see? Share it!
Did you find this interesting? You can easily share it with friends & colleagues thanks to a wide variety of social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Digg, LinkIn, Delicious, StumbleUpon, or Tumblr... just to name a few. You can also send this via e-mail or bookmark it!
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Kirk Franklin Lands New BET Hosting Gig
- Blind Legal Activist Chen Guangcheng Confirms Chinese Government Has Pressured NYU to Boot Him Out
- Author Kimberla Lawson Roby Greets Fans Across the Globe
- Tasha Cobbs’ Hit Anthem ‘Break Every Chain’ is #1 on Billboard’s Hot Gospel Songs Chart
- Alveda King: Let Babies and Mothers Off Abortion Bus
- Constitutional Amendment Introduced to Protect Children, Parents
- U.S. House Passes Bill to Protect Unborn in Sixth Month and Later; National Right to Life Commends Seven Georgia Lawmakers