Pastor Jamal Bryant and Others on a Mission to Register 1 Million Voters
Pastors across the country are on a mission to revive the voter’s impact by registering 1 million voters during the holiday. Pastor Jamal Bryant and an alliance of African American clergyman are part of the Empowerment Movement, a voter registration campaign that was created to move the African American community forward in politics, education and economics. 500,000 churches, 20 people registered at each church, 1 million voters.
Pastor Bryant, founder of the Empowerment Temple in Baltimore, MD has encouraged his members to get involved with the political process and ensure the African American voice is heard in the upcoming presidential election. The church has actively worked in the community and registered more voters than any other church in Baltimore.
Unanimously voted president of the Empowerment Movement, Pastor Bryant and the coalition of clergyman see the need to reach the estimated 5 million unregistered voters in churches nationwide. They are determined to affect change in the African American community.
”In 1965, Rev. Martin Luther King, a Baptist, Rev. Joseph Lowery, a United Methodist, and Andy Young, a Disciples of Christ preacher, walked out of an AME Church and marched together in Selma for voting rights,” Pastor Bryant.
Like what you see? Share it!
Did you find this interesting? You can easily share it with friends & colleagues thanks to a wide variety of social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Digg, LinkIn, Delicious, StumbleUpon, or Tumblr... just to name a few. You can also send this via e-mail or bookmark it!
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Iranian Filmmaker Alleges Secret Society is Behind Arab Spring Revolutions...Sinister Plan May Lead to World War III
- IRS Attacks on Tea Party Patriots Predicted in Political Thriller 'Patriots of Treason'
- LisaRaye McCoy and Bishop Noel Jones Now an Item
- FLASHBACK: Kirk Franklin Talks Being Raised on Hip Hop; Says ‘My Street Name was KID FRESH’
- From Obsession To Submission: A Barren Woman’s Journey To Motherhood
- IRS Harassed Pro-Life Leaders from Pharmacists For Life International
- IRS Subjects Dr. James Dobson and Family Talk Action to Viewpoint Discrimination
- Secretary Kerry to Release Report on International Religious Freedom
- UGLY FACE OF ABORTION: Convicted Baby Killer Kermit Gosnell Ran ‘House of Horrors’
- Congress Receives Irrefutable Evidence of IRS Harassment of Pro-Life Organizations
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Stretching Leads to Enlargement
- Bishop J. Drew Sheard To Kierra’s Manager: ‘Your Attitude Messes Me Up’
- DAILY INSPIRATION: What Has You Worried? Release It To the Lord
- TRUE FREEDOM: A Series on Christian Liberty