In The Spirit Of Giving This Holiday Season,Mary Mary Is Hosting Their West Coast Christmas Tour & The “Do Something Big” Campaign!
Mary Mary continue to be a visible force in the Gospel music world and the mainstream arena. They are making an impact this holiday season with two great initiatives.
The “Do Something Big” campaign is still going on and they want churches across the nation to enter the contest. The campaign endeavors to inspire churches to share what they have done to enhance their communities. Mary Mary has also teamed up with the Pillsbury Co. to sponsor the concert and provide a free breakfast featuring the Pillsbury Co. product line for the church that wins. In talking with Mary Mary about their partnership with the Pillsbury Brand they said “It’s wonderful to be paired up with a brand that we’ve grown up using, it’s an honor“. The contest deadline is November 18th. Mary Mary is asking for more submissions and want to emphasize that the Senior Pastor, Bishop, Or lead Pastor is aware and has given consent for any entries for the contest. This is a great opportunity to highlight any initiatives that your church is involved in and your church can win a free concert and breakfast as a bonus.
The “Mary Mary Christmas” West Coast Tour will kick-off on December 8th and will hit select cities. Mary Mary is teaming up with United Service Organizations Inc. (USO) for a toy drive in connection with the tour. They want concert attendees for the westcoast tour to donate toys or giftcards that will be given to USO to support families of US servicemen. They are also utilizing local choirs in the cities that the tour is stopping in to sing with them on the tour. Gospelflava.com had a chance to talk with Mary Mary about the tour:
Gospelfava.com: We see that R&B acapella group Committed is your opening act for the tour. Why were they your choice?
Mary Mary: We are fans of Committed! They remind us of a younger version of Take 6, whom we love. Committed’s sound makes sense during this season, and they have a freshness to their sound that we love. They also recorded a version of a song off of our “Something Big” project called “It Is Well“, and they are dear to us.
Mary Mary are staying true to their call by doing big things for the kingdom of God that’s reaching the world. During a recent press conference they discussed their mission and what their journey has been like as artists. They expressed that their formula for success involves: putting God first and being clear about their mission. They absolutely love and are passionate about music, and that passion drives them. They know what their are called to do as gospel singers and are committed to staying true to their calling. In examining their role in mainstream media and how they manage it, they talked about keeping a good perspective of who they are, being real, and knowing their audience. They also talked about the impact they experience when there are those that they meet and form friendships with that are well known in secular forums. Erica talked about a chance conversation that she had with rapper Heavy D years ago, who recently passed away. She talked about how the Mary Mary song “Still My Child” was inspired by a conversation she had with him about God. That chance encounter speaks to the importance of Christians being at the right place at the right time, even if the medium is unfamiliar. Mary Mary continue to be great examples of Godly women that are wives, mothers, and are driven to make positive impacts on society. Let their actions inspire you to be impactful in your own life during this holiday season and beyond!
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Iranian Filmmaker Alleges Secret Society is Behind Arab Spring Revolutions...Sinister Plan May Lead to World War III
- IRS Attacks on Tea Party Patriots Predicted in Political Thriller 'Patriots of Treason'
- LisaRaye McCoy and Bishop Noel Jones Now an Item
- From Obsession To Submission: A Barren Woman’s Journey To Motherhood
- FLASHBACK: Kirk Franklin Talks Being Raised on Hip Hop; Says ‘My Street Name was KID FRESH’
- IRS Subjects Dr. James Dobson and Family Talk Action to Viewpoint Discrimination
- IRS Harassed Pro-Life Leaders from Pharmacists For Life International
- UGLY FACE OF ABORTION: Convicted Baby Killer Kermit Gosnell Ran ‘House of Horrors’
- Congress Receives Irrefutable Evidence of IRS Harassment of Pro-Life Organizations
- Secretary Kerry to Release Report on International Religious Freedom
- Bishop J. Drew Sheard To Kierra’s Manager: ‘Your Attitude Messes Me Up’
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Stretching Leads to Enlargement
- DAILY INSPIRATION: What Has You Worried? Release It To the Lord
- TRUE FREEDOM: A Series on Christian Liberty