Homosexual Episcopal Bishop Praises Homosexual Presbyterians for 'Confusing' the Church Even Though God says He Is Not the Author of Confusion
Gene Robinson, bishop of New Hampshire in The Episcopal Church, speaks at a More Light Presbyterians event on June 30, 2012.
|Do You Like this Article? Then Like Us on Facebook.|
"It was not that many years ago when our churches, yours and mine and most others, were absolutely certain what God thought of us ... and because of your courageous work, there are a lot of confused people out there and that is a huge step forward," Bishop Gene Robinson of New Hampshire said Saturday during an event sponsored by More Light Presbyterians - a pro-LGBT group.
Robinson looked to commend and further encourage gays and lesbians as they face several measures on homosexuality during the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)'s General Assembly in Pittsburgh. The denomination is considering a proposal to reverse a 2010 decision that allowed partnered gay clergy to serve and another measure that would redefine marriage. Votes are expected to take place later this week.
During his half-hour talk, Robinson, who was consecrated in 2003, cited several passages in Scripture to defend homosexuality.
"Let's take the Bible back from those who have taken it hostage," he told the LGBT crowd. "You know, those are our Scriptures too."
But Parker T. Williamson believes Robinson is twisting Scripture to show that God is OK with homosexuality.
In a commentary on The Layman Online, Williamson argued that the Episcopal bishop is filtering Scripture "through a GLBT entitlement lens."
Lame beggar in Bible represents gays?
Robinson went to what he called one of his favorite stories in the Bible. Acts 3 tells the account of a man who was lame from birth and who begged for money every day at a gate called Beautiful - which was the entrance to the temple.
Peter told the man that he didn't have silver or gold but stated, "In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." The man was healed and went into the temple courts "where somewhere on the back of his mind he thought he belonged all the time," said Robinson.
Source: Christian Post | Lillian Kwon
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Trunews' Rick Wiles Calls on Alex Jones to Denounce Armed Open Carry March on Washington
- Is That Appropriate For A Christian Filmmaker? Tyler Perry’s Peeples Glorifies Homosexuality
- TV Spots Urge Boy Scout Leaders and Boehner to 'ManUp' to Bullying Obama
- Leslie Pace Reveals Late Brother's Controlling Ways: He Manipulated Me Through ‘The Lord Said’
- Disney Employee Pastor (Cedric Eugene Cuthbert) Downloaded Child Porn at Work
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Unpredictable
- Conservative Leaders Demand Compensation for IRS Discrimination Against Tea Party
- Congress Forced to Face Up to the Pain Experienced by Unborn Children
- The Sheard Family Debate: Is ‘Hell’ Really A Cuss Word?
- EEW President Ministers at Rockingham, NC Conference: 'We Had Such an Awesome Time' (VIDEO)
- TRUE FREEDOM, Part 2: Becoming a Freedom Fighter
- EUR on the Scene: Deitrick Haddon’s 40th Birthday Celebration (Watch)
- Teddy and Tina Campbell Ask Fans to Fast and Pray for their Marriage
- EUR on the Scene: Deitrick Haddon’s 40th B-day Bash (Watch)
- Congresswoman Hahn Honored by National Bible Association
- The Pulse of Entertainment: OWN Airs Scripted Series Produced by Tyler Perry May 28-29
- After His ‘Cheating’ Advice, Pat Robertson Needs to Sit Down Somewhere