Michael Youssef on Obama's Religion
|Do You Like this Article? Then Like Us on Facebook.|
This particular conclusion on the part of many has been drawn from his extraordinary sympathies to Islamists and apparent bias that has tipped the scales toward the Muslim world and against Israel. This is something new among U.S. Presidents.
Many point to the fact that he has flown over or near Israel on numerous occasions while on official visits to Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, etc., but never stopped in Israel.
What most people have failed to recognize is that Obama's religion is the same religion of a vast growing number of contemporary church-going Americans.
I am one of those people who believe firmly that the very core of America's greatness and uniqueness is due to the fact that the founding fathers built this country's foundation solely on the rock of the Christian Scriptures. Anyone who denies this is denying the very nose on their face.
With that in mind, today we find ourselves as a culture being unhinged from that foundation and floating down the river of a new form of polytheism. Today's modern polytheism is different only in kind from that of Rome in 1st century Christianity.
This is partly because we have a significant part of the population holding tight to that core foundation, they are tiresomely trying to keep the social structure from drifting down the stream of polytheism altogether.
Obama did not invent America's modern drift to this unique mode of polytheism, he merely articulated it, legitimized it, and gave it his very bully pulpit, but it did not originate with him.
That drift originated in many liberal churches and seminaries and has been followed now by many evangelical mega church preachers.
What is that uniquely American polytheistic drift?
It is the claim by many of those preachers that Jesus is their Savior, but He is not the one and only Savior.
Remember that this was the very dilemma for 1st century Christians. Had they been clever enough, like their 21st century contemporaries, to compromise their faith that way...they would not have been thrown to hungry lions, or boiled in barrels of oil, or dipped in tar to light up Nero's garden.
Rome's polytheism was a very generous one, maybe even more generous than our modern day "tolerance". They were very happy to add another god/savior/higher power, or whatever you may call your divine being, to the list of their idols and gods.
Michael Youssef, PhD is an Egyptian-born American and founding rector of The Church of The Apostles. His messages are broadcast 3,800 times a week into 200 countries through Leading The Way Ministries. He holds a PhD from Emory University in Social Anthropology. His blog: MichaelYoussef.com. Follow on Twitter: @MichaelAYoussef.
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Evangelical Leader Notes Wide Support for International Religious Freedom Ambassador as State Department Releases IRF Report Today
- U.S. Policy and Programs in Support of International Religious Freedom
- Christianity Today's Church Law Tax Publications Win Top Awards from the Evangelical Press Association
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Conform to HIS Image
- UPDATED BI-WEEKLY COLUMNS! Read Enjoy
- Is That Appropriate For A Christian Filmmaker? Tyler Perry’s Peeples Glorifies Homosexuality
- Disney Employee Pastor (Cedric Eugene Cuthbert) Downloaded Child Porn at Work
- TV Spots Urge Boy Scout Leaders and Boehner to 'ManUp' to Bullying Obama
- Trunews' Rick Wiles Calls on Alex Jones to Denounce Armed Open Carry March on Washington
- From Prison to Praise
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Unpredictable
- The Sheard Family Debate: Is ‘Hell’ Really A Cuss Word?
- Conservative Leaders Demand Compensation for IRS Discrimination Against Tea Party
- Leslie Pace Reveals Late Brother's Controlling Ways: He Manipulated Me Through ‘The Lord Said’
- Congress Forced to Face Up to the Pain Experienced by Unborn Children
- TRUE FREEDOM, Part 2: Becoming a Freedom Fighter
- EEW President Ministers at Rockingham, NC Conference: 'We Had Such an Awesome Time' (VIDEO)