Government Based Fatherhood Site Offers Tips on Being a Father
FILE - In this March 21, 2011, file photo President Barack Obama and his daughter Malia arrive in Santiago, Chile. In an interview Obama concedes he's nervous about his daughter Malia turning 13 in July. Asked how he would feel about Malia starting to date, the president quipped, in a reference to the Secret Service, that "I have men with guns who surround them all the time ... and it means they never get in a car with a boy who had a beer." He said he might ask Malia's date "what his GPA is" and what his intentions and career plans are. But he quickly adds that if the girls are watching the interview, "I'm just joking." (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais, File)
|Do You Like this Article? Then Like Us on Facebook.|
The taxpayer-funded website, launched during the Clinton administration, is a project of the National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse, which is a part of Health and Human Services' Office of Family Assistance. The site links to the videos on the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences' Psychiatric Research Institute's Web site.
"Parents are the best teachers of healthy eating habits," the narration states in the healthy eating video. "The parent and the child each have important jobs."
The graphic in the video states that the father's job is to "provide a variety of healthy foods" and "eat healthy meals together." The child's job is to "decide whether to eat" and "decide how much to eat."
"The best way to teach your child this healthy habit is to do it together over and over," the narration on the hand washing video states.
The hand washing instructions are: Wet hands under running water, add soap, and rub all parts of hands and fingers for 15 seconds."
"Children need help with tooth brushing until they are 6 to 8 years old," another video states. The video shows a father and son brushing their teeth together. It advises that children should brush their teeth twice daily - "before bedtime" and "in the morning."
There are also videos on reading and "constructive play."
Source: CNS News | Penny Starr
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Is That Appropriate For A Christian Filmmaker? Tyler Perry’s Peeples Glorifies Homosexuality
- Trunews' Rick Wiles Calls on Alex Jones to Denounce Armed Open Carry March on Washington
- TV Spots Urge Boy Scout Leaders and Boehner to 'ManUp' to Bullying Obama
- Leslie Pace Reveals Late Brother's Controlling Ways: He Manipulated Me Through ‘The Lord Said’
- Disney Employee Pastor (Cedric Eugene Cuthbert) Downloaded Child Porn at Work
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Unpredictable
- The Sheard Family Debate: Is ‘Hell’ Really A Cuss Word?
- Conservative Leaders Demand Compensation for IRS Discrimination Against Tea Party
- Congress Forced to Face Up to the Pain Experienced by Unborn Children
- EEW President Ministers at Rockingham, NC Conference: 'We Had Such an Awesome Time' (VIDEO)
- TRUE FREEDOM, Part 2: Becoming a Freedom Fighter