President Obama says Politics Is Failing the Country
'Every problem we face is within our power to solve. What's lacking is our politics.' | AP Photo
|Do You Like this Article? Then Like Us on Facebook.|
"Every problem we face is within our power to solve," Obama said in his address released Saturday. "What's lacking is our politics."
The president took aim at what he called a political culture where members of Congress were more interested in their next campaign than passing bills.
"Remind your members of Congress why you sent them to Washington in the first place. Tell them to stop worrying about the next election and start worrying about the next generation," Obama said. "I'm ready to work with anyone - Republican, Democrat, or Independent - who is serious about moving this country forward. And I hope members of Congress will join me."
Pointing to his American Jobs Act, introduced in September, Obama called on Congress to move quickly on the unfinished parts of the bill -- including a state bailout package, a mortgage refinancing proposal, a small business tax break, and additional infrastructure spending.
"Congress has passed a few parts of that jobs bill, like a tax cut that's allowing working Americans to keep more of your paycheck every week," the president acknowledged. "But on most of the ideas that would create jobs and grow our economy, Republicans in Congress haven't lifted a finger. They'd rather wait until after the election in November."
"Just this past week, one of them said, 'Why not wait for the reinforcements?' That's a quote. And you can bet plenty of his colleagues are thinking the same thing," Obama said.
"I think that's wrong. This isn't about who wins or loses in Washington. This is about your jobs, your paychecks, your children's future. There's no excuse for Congress to stand by and do nothing while so many families are struggling. None," Obama said.
Source: Politico | Byron Tau
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Listen to Inspirational Singer Kristine’s Soaring ‘God Sent Me An Angel In You’
- Kirk Franklin Lands New BET Hosting Gig
- TRUE FREEDOM, Part 5: The Liberty Well
- Blind Legal Activist Chen Guangcheng Confirms Chinese Government Has Pressured NYU to Boot Him Out
- Author Kimberla Lawson Roby Greets Fans Across the Globe
- Alveda King: Let Babies and Mothers Off Abortion Bus
- Constitutional Amendment Introduced to Protect Children, Parents
- Tasha Cobbs’ Hit Anthem ‘Break Every Chain’ is #1 on Billboard’s Hot Gospel Songs Chart
- U.S. House Passes Bill to Protect Unborn in Sixth Month and Later; National Right to Life Commends Seven Georgia Lawmakers