Muslims Continue to Persecute Christians in Nigeria, Iran, and Other Parts of the World
|Do You Like this Article? Then Like Us on Facebook.|
The persecution of Christians has come to regions not normally associated with it. As in Nigeria, Muslim militants are running amok in Timbuktu, Mali--beheading a Christian leader and threatening other Christians with similar treatment. Sharia law has been imposed, churches are being destroyed, and Christians are fleeing Timbuktu in mass.
Categorized by theme, the rest of April's batch of Muslim persecution of Christians around the world includes (but is not limited to) the following accounts, listed in alphabetical order by country, not severity:
Azerbaijan: A church in the Muslim-majority nation has "become the first religious community to beliquidated by a court" since the country's "harsh new Religion Law," requiring all previously registered religious institutions to re-register, came into force in 2009. Greater Grace Protestant Church in the capital, Baku, "was stripped of its registration at a 15-minute hearing on 25 April. The decision, which was made in the absence of any church representatives, makes any activity by the church illegal and subject to punishment."
Indonesia: Gunmen opened fire on the GKI Yasmin church, causing much damage in the latest attack on the building, which has been illegally sealed off by authorities since 2088, due to Muslim demands. Another Protestant church unlawfully sealed off by the authorities--despite meeting all requirements for a permit--was met with violent opposition from Muslims for trying to hold a service on the street in front of their sealed-off church building. Muslim residents made death threats, played loud music, and even rode a motorcycle through the congregation. A church spokesman said: "We are constantly having to change our location because our existence appears to be unwanted, and we have to hide so that we are not intimidated by intolerant groups... We had hoped for help from the police, but after many attacks on members of the congregation, we see that the police are also involved in this."
Kenya: Two separate grenade attacks on churches occurred: 1) Muslims threw grenades into an open-air Christian church gathering, killing a woman and a boy, and wounding some 50 other Christians: Muslims had been holding a meeting near the gathering, and Christians could hear their preachers railing against Christianity right before the attack took place. 2) In a separate incident, a Muslim man pretending to be a worshipper at a church threw three grenades during service, killing a 27-year-old university student and injuring16. The terrorist, who, according to eyewitnesses, appeared to be of Somali origin, "looked uncomfortable and always looked down. He threw three hand grenades and only one exploded. He took off, and he fired in the air three gunshots."
Source: Front Page Magazine | Raymond Ibrahim
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Leslie Pace Reveals Late Brother's Controlling Ways: He Manipulated Me Through ‘The Lord Said’
- Trunews' Rick Wiles Calls on Alex Jones to Denounce Armed Open Carry March on Washington
- Is That Appropriate For A Christian Filmmaker? Tyler Perry’s Peeples Glorifies Homosexuality
- TV Spots Urge Boy Scout Leaders and Boehner to 'ManUp' to Bullying Obama
- Congress Forced to Face Up to the Pain Experienced by Unborn Children
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Unpredictable
- The Sheard Family Debate: Is ‘Hell’ Really A Cuss Word?
- Conservative Leaders Demand Compensation for IRS Discrimination Against Tea Party
- EEW President Ministers at Rockingham, NC Conference: 'We Had Such an Awesome Time' (VIDEO)
- TRUE FREEDOM, Part 2: Becoming a Freedom Fighter
- Teddy and Tina Campbell Ask Fans to Fast and Pray for their Marriage
- EUR on the Scene: Deitrick Haddon’s 40th Birthday Celebration (Watch)
- EUR on the Scene: Deitrick Haddon’s 40th B-day Bash (Watch)
- Congresswoman Hahn Honored by National Bible Association
- The Pulse of Entertainment: OWN Airs Scripted Series Produced by Tyler Perry May 28-29