Ways to Stop Suffering with Your Allergies This Summer
America, brace yourself for a longer, stronger allergy season. If you're sniffling and sneezing now, just wait. The worst pollen levels are still to come.
|Do You Like this Article? Then Like Us on Facebook.|
But there are ways to stop suffering and start living.
Right now, allergens are at an all-time high. Twenty-three percent of all Americans fight outdoor allergies.
Pollen from trees, followed by grass in summer, and weed pollen in the fall are the biggest offenders. When we breathe these allergens in, our immune system can over-react, producing a chemical called histamine.
Drew and Brooke Kubovik have allergies, along with their two boys.
"Wheezing, running nose, watery eyes, just a horrible situation," Drew said, describing the misery.
Most enjoyed last winter's mild temperatures and the warmer weather most parts of the country experienced in the early part of spring this year. But that resulted in one of the worse allergy seasons on record.
"For many parts of the country, this is the winter that wasn't," meteorologist Craig Moeller, with WVEC-TV in Norfolk, Va., said.
He added that this year's allergy season caught much of the nation off-guard.
"It's been a very freakishly warm late winter, early spring," Moeller recalled. "And because of that, the pollen kicked up and the season started a little early."
The amount of pollen in the air changes like the weather, so pay attention to your local pollen forecast. Moeller said certain weather events affect the daily pollen counts.
"Certainly the rain will help to wash the atmosphere, it will bring down the pollen levels," he explained. "Winds tend to stir it up, you get more pollen movement and that can create some issues."
SOURCE: CBN News
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Iranian Filmmaker Alleges Secret Society is Behind Arab Spring Revolutions...Sinister Plan May Lead to World War III
- IRS Attacks on Tea Party Patriots Predicted in Political Thriller 'Patriots of Treason'
- TV BUZZ: Watch Extended Clips of The Pace Sisters on 'Iyanla: Fix My Life'
- LisaRaye McCoy and Bishop Noel Jones Now an Item
- From Obsession To Submission: A Barren Woman’s Journey To Motherhood
- FLASHBACK: Kirk Franklin Talks Being Raised on Hip Hop; Says ‘My Street Name was KID FRESH’
- She Died Instantly: Why You Should Live Well
- THE SIXTH SENSE
- No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act Introduced in House, Senate
- IRS Subjects Dr. James Dobson and Family Talk Action to Viewpoint Discrimination
- THE SIXTH SENSE
- Kirk Franklin Talks Being Raised on Hip Hop: ‘My Street Name was KID FRESH’
- IRS Harassed Pro-Life Leaders from Pharmacists For Life International
- UGLY FACE OF ABORTION: Convicted Baby Killer Kermit Gosnell Ran ‘House of Horrors’
- RUMOR CONTROL: Kirk Franklin of Saginaw Commits Suicide, Not Kirk Franklin of Gospel
- Congress Receives Irrefutable Evidence of IRS Harassment of Pro-Life Organizations
- Bishop J. Drew Sheard To Kierra’s Manager: ‘Your Attitude Messes Me Up’
- Secretary Kerry to Release Report on International Religious Freedom
- DAILY INSPIRATION: What Has You Worried? Release It To the Lord
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Stretching Leads to Enlargement