John Ramsey Is a Modern Day Job Yet His Faith In God Remains Unshakeable
700 Club Special Correspondent Scott Ross recently visited John Ramsey, author and father of slain child, Jon Benet.
|Do You Like this Article? Then Like Us on Facebook.|
Jon Benet Ramsey's slaying remains one of the nation's most high-profile unsolved murder cases. Today, she would be 21. Her father, John Ramsey, still waiting for her killer to be found.
John Ramsey: "It was a horrific crime. The murder of a child is just beyond any normal person's comprehension."
In the 15 years since Jon Benet's brutal Murder, one media expert noted that
'The still unsolved slaying of the elfin beauty queen initiated one of the
foulest, yellowest chapters in contemporary U.S. journalism.'"
A Clear Case of Media Mayhem
Los Angeles Times
September 28, 1998
Scott: "You were pilloried."
Scott:"...by the press,"
Scott: "...by the authorities,"
Scott: "... by the world."
John: "The police always look at the parents first. We learned that. And we accepted that. And just assumed they would complete that cycle and move on, which of course, they did not."
"But you know, it didn't matter really. What mattered was we lost our child. And that was the crushing blow. And the rest of it was like, 'Whatever...' We just accepted it. We would have given everything to have our child back."
Jon Benet's murder was not the only tragedy her father, John Ramsey has suffered. Over the span of fourteen years, he lost his oldest daughter, Beth who was killed in a car accident, little Jon Benet, and then his wife, Patsy, just 49, to cancer. Pasty never lived to see their family publically exonerated as suspects in Jon Benet's slaying.
Scott: "How long did you have to live with this, as the term was coined at the time, 'the umbrella of suspicion?'"
John: "We were officially cleared and apologized to by the district attorney in, I think, 2008. So that was 12 years."
SOURCE: The 700 Club
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Leslie Pace Reveals Late Brother's Controlling Ways: He Manipulated Me Through ‘The Lord Said’
- Is That Appropriate For A Christian Filmmaker? Tyler Perry’s Peeples Glorifies Homosexuality
- Trunews' Rick Wiles Calls on Alex Jones to Denounce Armed Open Carry March on Washington
- TV Spots Urge Boy Scout Leaders and Boehner to 'ManUp' to Bullying Obama
- Congress Forced to Face Up to the Pain Experienced by Unborn Children
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Unpredictable
- Conservative Leaders Demand Compensation for IRS Discrimination Against Tea Party
- EEW President Ministers at Rockingham, NC Conference: 'We Had Such an Awesome Time' (VIDEO)
- The Sheard Family Debate: Is ‘Hell’ Really A Cuss Word?
- Teddy and Tina Campbell Ask Fans to Fast and Pray for their Marriage
- TRUE FREEDOM, Part 2: Becoming a Freedom Fighter
- EUR on the Scene: Deitrick Haddon’s 40th Birthday Celebration (Watch)
- EUR on the Scene: Deitrick Haddon’s 40th B-day Bash (Watch)
- Congresswoman Hahn Honored by National Bible Association
- The Pulse of Entertainment: OWN Airs Scripted Series Produced by Tyler Perry May 28-29