Burn The Flag Just Dont Say Jesus - U.S. School Censors Religious Words in Graduation Speech
A high school valedictorian in Vermont was forbidden by school administers from delivering nearly half of his graduation speech in which he discussed how Jesus had changed his life.
“I was just sharing a story about my life and how it was changed,” said Kyle Gearwar, the valedictorian at Fair Haven Union High School. “And as an American and as a valedictorian I felt that I should have been able to do that.”
Gearwar, 18, said he had submitted his speech to the principal and the following day he was summoned to the office.
“They told me my speech was going to be a problem – that the school wouldn’t allow me to deliver the speech and they would prevent me from giving the speech if it came down to it,” Gearwar told Fox News Radio.
He said the principal told him to remove anything that “had to do with religion, God, talking about how He can help you. The thing that actually changed me, I couldn’t talk about.”
“You can burn a flag but we’re not able to speak about God,” he said. “I just don’t agree with that.”
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Iranian Filmmaker Alleges Secret Society is Behind Arab Spring Revolutions...Sinister Plan May Lead to World War III
- Secretary Kerry to Release Report on International Religious Freedom
- UGLY FACE OF ABORTION: Convicted Baby Killer Kermit Gosnell Ran ‘House of Horrors’
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Stretching Leads to Enlargement
- Congress Receives Irrefutable Evidence of IRS Harassment of Pro-Life Organizations
- Evangelical Leader Notes Wide Support for International Religious Freedom Ambassador as State Department Releases IRF Report Today
- U.S. Policy and Programs in Support of International Religious Freedom
- UPDATED BI-WEEKLY COLUMNS! Read Enjoy
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Conform to HIS Image
- Christianity Today's Church Law Tax Publications Win Top Awards from the Evangelical Press Association
- From Prison to Praise