Former NBA Star Dennis Rodman Is Extremely Sick and Broke
Dennis Rodman chokes up as he begins his speech at the Basketball Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony in August. (Stephan Savoia / Associated Press / March 27, 2012)
|Do You Like this Article? Then Like Us on Facebook.|
Jack Kayajanian, attorney for Rodman's third wife, Michelle Rodman, said in court documents the one-time Laker owes $808,935 in back child support through March 1 for the former couple's 9- and 10-year-old children, as well as $51,441 in back spousal support, as reported in the Daily Pilot.
Michelle Rodman also is seeking attorneys' fees, the Daily Pilot is reporting.
Rodman's attorney, Linnea Willis, said in court documents that Rodman can barely afford his own living expenses as well as child support for a child he has from another relationship. Court documents filed on his behalf call Rodman "broke" and "extremely sick," and therefore unable to pay additional fees.
But, according to ABCNews.com, Willis also said in a statement "it is absolutely untrue that Mr. Rodman failed to pay child or spousal support. Mr. Rodman has always provided support to his family to the best of his ability and will continue to do so."
She added that Rodman "has never been found in contempt previously, did not do any willful acts of misconduct [and] has paid support to the best of his ability."
Meanwhile, Rodman's manager, Darren Prince, offered ABCNews.com a different view of Rodman's financial status, saying that the five-time NBA champion has a steady income from appearances and product endorsements.
Source: LA Times | Chuck Schilken
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Secretary Kerry to Release Report on International Religious Freedom
- Evangelical Leader Notes Wide Support for International Religious Freedom Ambassador as State Department Releases IRF Report Today
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Conform to HIS Image
- U.S. Policy and Programs in Support of International Religious Freedom
- UPDATED BI-WEEKLY COLUMNS! Read Enjoy
- Christianity Today's Church Law Tax Publications Win Top Awards from the Evangelical Press Association
- From Prison to Praise
- Disney Employee Pastor (Cedric Eugene Cuthbert) Downloaded Child Porn at Work