Agree or disagree, but still VOTE
This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
If you know anything about The GDMS, then you know we like to deal with controversial issues that can, sometimes, push the envelope; and boy have we had a week of interesting discussion in the wake of the POTUS announcement regarding his opinion of same-sex marriage. No doubt we are divided, across this country and in our churches, on the remarks made by President Barak Obama. In fact, many of you have called in to our morning radio show and our afternoon television show "Good News" to share your thoughts and give your opinions. Some agree with the president's position. Others are shocked and appauled by his statements and as a result are now rethinking whether they will cast their vote for him in this November's election. Still, others admit that they will not vote at all.
No matter what your opinion or positon one thing is certain and two things are sure: 1.) his comments have everyone talking, thinking and hopefully thinking more critically about the this and other real issues that plague our society; and 2.) whether you agree or disagree with President Barak Obama's stance it remains imperaative, still, that you vote in the coming election. Failing to vote, silences your voice, forfeits your opportunity to effect much needed change and nullifys your right to complain. In a word, whether you agree or disagree, we have a civic duty to VOTE. If you haven't registed, we encourage you to do so. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the issues, on what each candidate has accomplished and stay focused on the real issues so you aren't deceived by the smoke screens any politician may try to use.
So, just as we have kept the Trayvon Martin story alive through our discussions on The GDMS, we plan to do the same with this issue. Some have asked the question: "Well just how long are you all going to talk about this?" The answer: as long as needed to help foster good, healthy and thought provoking conversation that propels us to become more involved in our churches and communities; and to be the agents of change that we want to see. Helping us in our continued discussion, today, Friday, May 18th will be Dr. Teresa Hairston of Gospel Today Magazine and Dr. Donald Morton, who you know from our "Financially Speaking" segment every Wednesday. You don't want to miss this week's "Merge Friday" show.
To our faithful listeners, thanks for making us a part of your day. Keep listening, keep calling to weigh in with your thoughts, comments or concerns on this and other topics of discussion; and remember to...
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Iranian Filmmaker Alleges Secret Society is Behind Arab Spring Revolutions...Sinister Plan May Lead to World War III
- IRS Attacks on Tea Party Patriots Predicted in Political Thriller 'Patriots of Treason'
- TV BUZZ: Watch Extended Clips of The Pace Sisters on 'Iyanla: Fix My Life'
- LisaRaye McCoy and Bishop Noel Jones Now an Item
- From Obsession To Submission: A Barren Woman’s Journey To Motherhood
- She Died Instantly: Why You Should Live Well
- FLASHBACK: Kirk Franklin Talks Being Raised on Hip Hop; Says ‘My Street Name was KID FRESH’
- THE SIXTH SENSE
- IRS Subjects Dr. James Dobson and Family Talk Action to Viewpoint Discrimination
- THE SIXTH SENSE
- No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act Introduced in House, Senate
- IRS Harassed Pro-Life Leaders from Pharmacists For Life International
- Kirk Franklin Talks Being Raised on Hip Hop: ‘My Street Name was KID FRESH’
- UGLY FACE OF ABORTION: Convicted Baby Killer Kermit Gosnell Ran ‘House of Horrors’
- RUMOR CONTROL: Kirk Franklin of Saginaw Commits Suicide, Not Kirk Franklin of Gospel
- Bishop J. Drew Sheard To Kierra’s Manager: ‘Your Attitude Messes Me Up’
- Congress Receives Irrefutable Evidence of IRS Harassment of Pro-Life Organizations
- Secretary Kerry to Release Report on International Religious Freedom
- DAILY INSPIRATION: What Has You Worried? Release It To the Lord
- TRUE FREEDOM: A Series on Christian Liberty