Nelson Mandela Inspired Clothing Line '46664' Set To Launch In The U.S.
We were thrilled to report last year that Nelson Mandela had inspired a new line of sportswear called "46664 Fashion."
The collection, which is named after this prison number while jailed on Robben Island, was only available in Africa until now.
Thanks to an exclusive sublincensee deal struck with Dallas-based Company B US Inc., the 46664 women’s, men’s and children’s apparel collections will be hitting stores in the U.S. and Canada very soon.
“The designers are very much in tune to the vibrant nature of South Africa, whether it’s bright colors or a shweshwe print,”Aaron Patton, chief executive officer of Company B told WWD.
We're loving all the bold colors and prints--which are certainly a huge trend this season. So when can you start getting your hands on these terrific threads?
WWD reports that the collection will launch at 46664fashion.com on July 18, Mandela’s 94th birthday. And you can expect retail stores to start carrying by the holiday season.
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Tasha Cobbs’ Hit Anthem ‘Break Every Chain’ is #1 on Billboard’s Hot Gospel Songs Chart
- Blind Legal Activist Chen Guangcheng Confirms Chinese Government Has Pressured NYU to Boot Him Out
- Author Kimberla Lawson Roby Greets Fans Across the Globe
- Alveda King: Let Babies and Mothers Off Abortion Bus
- Constitutional Amendment Introduced to Protect Children, Parents
- U.S. House Passes Bill to Protect Unborn in Sixth Month and Later; National Right to Life Commends Seven Georgia Lawmakers
- Church Security Expert Reacts to New Government Guidelines for Houses of Worship
- NBA Finals Game 7 Miami vs San Antonio