Barry Mayo, President of Radio One, turns in his re
Alfred C. Liggins, III, Radio One's CEO and President stated: "Barry has been an integral member of Radio One's executive management team for nearly five years, and he has served the company with passion and distinction. I am grateful for Barry's contributions to the success of the company's initiatives, particularly given the challenging economic environment. I understand, however, that there comes a time for change in a person's career, and I fully respect Barry's decision to undertake new challenges. I truly wish him well."
Commenting on his departure, Mr. Mayo stated: "Partnering with Alfred and helping to execute his vision has been a rewarding experience, and I am proud of what we have accomplished. I am grateful for the support shown me during my tenure. While I will miss the relationships forged, I am truly looking forward to the next phase of my career."
Mayo brought 30 years of operating experience to Radio One, including almost eight as President of the successful, publicly-traded pure play radio group, Broadcast Partners. He began as a Program Director and his reputation as an innovative radio programmer spread quickly throughout the industry.
In the 1980s, he helped create one of the largest urban stations in the country, WRKS-FM, in New York. Three years after joining the programming staff at WRKS-FM, Mr. Mayo became Vice President and General Manager of that station. In 1988, he and a group of partners founded Broadcast Partners. Originally a five-station network, Broadcast Partners grew under Mr. Mayo's guidance into an eleven-station, publicly traded company with stations in Dallas, New York, Chicago and Charlotte. In 1995, Mayo sold his share of Broadcast Partners and founded Mayomedia, a media consulting firm specializing in urban markets.
In 2003, he was recruited back to New York to become the Senior Vice President and Market Manager for Emmis Radio. He left Emmis Radio in 2006 to resume his consulting career and began working with Radio One in July 2006.
Gospel Music Videos
Music Video Search
- Iranian Filmmaker Alleges Secret Society is Behind Arab Spring Revolutions...Sinister Plan May Lead to World War III
- IRS Attacks on Tea Party Patriots Predicted in Political Thriller 'Patriots of Treason'
- LisaRaye McCoy and Bishop Noel Jones Now an Item
- From Obsession To Submission: A Barren Woman’s Journey To Motherhood
- FLASHBACK: Kirk Franklin Talks Being Raised on Hip Hop; Says ‘My Street Name was KID FRESH’
- IRS Harassed Pro-Life Leaders from Pharmacists For Life International
- Secretary Kerry to Release Report on International Religious Freedom
- IRS Subjects Dr. James Dobson and Family Talk Action to Viewpoint Discrimination
- UGLY FACE OF ABORTION: Convicted Baby Killer Kermit Gosnell Ran ‘House of Horrors’
- Congress Receives Irrefutable Evidence of IRS Harassment of Pro-Life Organizations
- DAILY INSPIRATION: Stretching Leads to Enlargement
- Bishop J. Drew Sheard To Kierra’s Manager: ‘Your Attitude Messes Me Up’
- DAILY INSPIRATION: What Has You Worried? Release It To the Lord
- TRUE FREEDOM: A Series on Christian Liberty